IMG Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance – Review
A brief review of IMG Global travel insurance company and the IMG Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance plan.
- Travel medical insurance for individuals, families and groups
- Renewable up to 36 months
- Deductible options from $0 to $25,000
- Maximum limits from $1,000,000 to $8,000,000
- Cover for the sudden and unexpected recurrence of pre-existing conditions
Who is IMG Global Travel Insurance Company?
IMG Global provides a full suite of comprehensive health insurance and travel protection services. Its policies are designed for US and non-US residents traveling abroad. These plans offer travelers peace of mind while outside of their home country since most domestic insurance plans are not conducive to international travel needs.
This IMG Global travel insurance review will highlight basic information about the Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance plan.
IMG Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance
As the name implies, the IMG Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance plan is the Cadillac of IMG Global’s trip insurance plans. Judging by other travel medical plans from IMG Global, this plan offers the highest maximum benefits ($1,000,000 to $8,000,000). In addition, insured persons receive comprehensive medical benefits, non-medical emergency services, and concierge services. Deductibles range from $0 to $25,000, with several options in between.
This plan is ideally suited for short-term global travelers who want peace of mind no matter where they roam. Individuals, families, and groups inside and outside the US can purchase a policy. Each policy can be purchased to cover as little as five days. Each plan can be renewed for up to 36 months.
Unlike other IMG Global travel insurance plans, this one does not specify a pre-existing condition limitation.
One of the best features is the ability to “look and see” without penalty. If you are not pleased with it, they give you a full premium refund provided you request it before your effective date. After the policy takes effect, you’ll pay a $50 cancellation fee and receive full-month premiums only.
What This Plan Lacks
This plan isn’t missing much in terms of service offerings. It looks like a composite of all their other plans, but supercharged to create a highly comprehensive option.
However, maternity care is not specifically stated anywhere on the schedule of benefits. Labor and delivery may fall under other areas, but it’s something you should inquire about if it might apply to you.
The policy has a maximum limit of $8m for those aged 69 and under.
However, this maximum drops to only $1m for those aged 70 and above. This is a marked degradation in maximum limit. Older travelers should bear this in mind as they look at cover options.
Note that this plan offers secondary medical cover – any other plan that a traveler has in place will need to pay out before IMG Patriot Platinum makes payments.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions are covered, but read the policy benefits below in order to note the stringent requirements and potential drawbacks. Certainly, US citizens will wish to have primary medical cover in place in addition to the IMG Plan. Without a primary medical plan in place, the IMG Patriot Platinum Medical Plan only offers a $20,000 lifetime maximum for Pre-Existing Medical Condition. This drops to only $2,500 for those aged over 65.
PLAN INFORMATION & HIGHLIGHTS
- Maximum Limits – $1,000,000 / $5,000,000 / $8,000,000
- Individual Deductible – $0 / $100 / $250, $500 / $1,000 / $2,500 / $5,000 / $10,000 / $25,000
- Family Deductible – Three times the individual deductible
Treatment Received Outside of the U.S. & Canada – No coinsurance
Treatment Received Within the U.S. & Canada
- In the PPO Network – No coinsurance
- Out of the PPO Network – The plan pays 90% of eligible medical expenses up to $5,000, then 100% up to the maximum limits
- Benefit Period – 12 months
- Global Concierge & Assistance Services – Exclusive access to additional emergency travel assistance services handled by dedicated team
- eDocAmerica – Access to board-certified physicians, licensed psychologists, pharmacists, dentists, dieticians and fitness trainers to assist with any routine health-related questions
- International Emergency Care – A wide range of international emergency benefits available, including emergency evacuation, emergency reunion, return of mortal remains, return of minor children and more
SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS
Usual, reasonable and customary charges. Subject to deductible and coinsurance when applicable.
- Hospital Room and Board – Up to the maximum limit
- Intensive Care – Up to the maximum limit
- Medical Expenses – Up to the maximum limit
- Out-patient Medical Expenses – Up to the maximum limit
- Local Ambulance – Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Room Accident – Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Room Illness with Inpatient Admission – Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Room Illness without Inpatient Admission – Up to the maximum limit with additional $250 deductible
- Dental – Injury Due to Accident – Up to the maximum limit
- Dental – Sudden Dental Emergency – Up to $250
- Hospital Daily Indemnity – Up to $250 per night for a maximum of 10 days
- Supplemental Accident – Up to $300
INTERNATIONAL EMERGENCY CARE
When coordinated through the plan administrator.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation – Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Reunion – Up to $100,000
- Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial – Up to $100,000 for return of mortal remains. $5,000 for cremation/burial
- Return of Minor Children – Up to $100,000
- Political Evacuation – Up to $100,000
- Natural Disaster – $250 per day for five days
- Remote Transportation – $5,000 per period of coverage. $20,000 lifetime maximum
- Identity Theft Assistance – Up to $500 per period of coverage
- Lost/Stolen Luggage, Valuables, Personal Papers – Up to $500
- Felonious Assault – Up to $10,000
- Terrorism – Up to the maximum limit
- Sports & Activities Coverage – Up to the maximum limit for basic sports
- Sudden and Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition – Medical (for U.S. citizens only)
Up to age 65 with primary health plan: URC up to plan maximum.
Up to age 65 without primary health plan: $20,000 lifetime maximum.
Age 65+: $2,500 lifetime maximum
- Sudden and Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition – Medical (for non-U.S. citizens only)
Up to age 65: $50,000 lifetime maximum for eligible medical expenses
Age 65+: $2,500 lifetime maximum
- Sudden and Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition – Emergency Medical Evacuation
Up to $25,000 of eligible costs and expenses
- Incidental Home Country Coverage – Up to a cumulative two weeks
- End-of-Trip Home Country Coverage – One month for every four months of travel coverage; up to a maximum of three months (Individual plan only)
- Trip Interruption – Up to $10,000
- Common Carrier Accidental Death – $100,000 per adult; $25,000 per child. Maximum of $250,000 per family
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment – $50,000 principal sum
- Small Pet Common Air Carrier Accidental Death – Up to $500
Rating for IMG Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance Cover
This plan has every bell and whistle you can think of, and then some. However, for many travelers it might be overkill.
Make sure you look at the schedule of benefits to see exactly what you’re paying for. A lot of what’s listed here you may never use. However, such a fulfilling option can certainly give you peace of mind while you travel. It covers just about every scenario imaginable.
Do be careful if looking for Pre-Existing Medical Condition Cover. Also, if aged over 69 there are almost certainly better options available from IMG.
Finally, make sure you understand the limitations of the plan in terms of medical support within your home country. This plan is designed as a Travel Medical plan, not as a replacement for home health insurance.
How to Apply for the IMG Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance Cover
If you feel like this is your best option, you can view rates by requesting an instant quote directly on its website.
You can also reach out to a sales agent directly if you have questions or need to review options. Contact them via the email contact form, by toll-free number, or start a live chat.
Recent AardvarkCompare Travel Insurance Customer Reviews
I Panicked When I Discovered
I panicked when I discovered the Travel Insurance I had through Expedia had expired when I changed my flight reservation.
When I went to renew I was told I couldn’t.
I discovered Aardvark on my AARP site and I was excited I could purchase an even better travel plan with cover starting with my trip departure, at a cost I could afford.
I was confused with the initial site and Mr. Breeze reached out to me for clarification.
He explained the policy more thoroughly and addressed all my concerns, can’t get any better than that!
Thank You Aardvark and thank you Jonathan for your assistance.
I can go on my trip now knowing I’ll be covered for medical emergencies, and then some.
Good Choices, Well Explained
I liked the way insurance was explained. I had read an article your company had written explaining Expedia trip cover versus other choices.
I used this advice to make the best choice for me and my traveling companions. That choice was to take a policy that provided much better medical and evacuation primary care.
Your site allowed comparisons, and I think I got the best value for my money. I don’t like constant follow up emails, though. You could back off a bit!!