IMG Patriot Travel Medical Insurance - Review
A third party review of IMG Global Trip Insurance Company and the Patriot Travel Medical Insurance Plan
The Patriot Travel Medical Insurance plan is part of the IMG Global trip insurance suite. This temporary medical cover plan is ideal for individuals, groups, or families traveling abroad for business or pleasure.
This IMG Global travel insurance review will cover basic information regarding the Patriot Travel Medical Insurance.
What is Patriot Travel Medical Insurance?
This particular plan happens to be the most popular IMG Global Travel Medical Insurance Plan. It’s best suited for US citizens and permanent residents who will be traveling abroad for up to two years, with zero to few return trips to the US. In addition, non-US citizens can also apply for this health cover if traveling outside of their own country.
The plan provides medical benefits between $50,000 and $2,000,000, depending on policy details. Personal deductibles can range from $0 to $2,500. Also, the plan provides additional trip protection services, such as emergency evacuation, lost luggage, trip interruption, and assistance in the event of identity theft.
The plan offers optional riders, such as an enhanced AD&D rider or adventure sports rider, that offers additional benefits if applicable.
The purpose of this plan is to ensure that you or other insured parties receive medical care without incurring huge expenses while traveling abroad. The IMG Global travel insurance network is huge, to give you plenty of options regardless of where you’re traveling.
The Details - Schedule of Benefits
Maximum Limit Per Period of Coverage Options $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, $1,000,000, $2,000,000 (Patriot International only)
Individual Deductible options $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500
- Hospital Room and Board - Average semi-private room rate up to the maximum limit. Includes nursing service.
- Intensive Care - Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Room - Up to the maximum limit. Additional $250 deductible if not admitted as an inpatient.
- Surgery - Up to the maximum limit
- Physician Visits - Up to the maximum limit
- Diagnostic Procedures - Up to the maximum limit
- Prescription Medication - Up to the maximum limit
- Home Health Care - Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Local Ambulance - Up to the maximum limit
- Durable Medical Equipment - Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Dental Treatment - $100 maximum limit due to dental accident or unexpected pain to sound natural teeth.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation* - $500,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Emergency Reunion* - $50,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Return of Minor Children* - $50,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial* - $50,000 maximum limit for return of mortal remains or ashes to country of residence, or $5,000 maximum limit for cremation or local burial at the place of death. Not subject to deductible.
- Political Evacuation* - $10,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Natural Disaster - $100 per day and maximum limit of five days for accommodations. Not subject to deductible.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - $25,000 principal sum. Not subject to deductible.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death - $50,000 per insured person, $250,000 maximum limit per lifetime per family. Not subject to deductible.
- Trip Interruption - $5,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Lost Luggage - $50 per item, $250 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Hospital Indemnity - $100 per overnight inpatient confinement, maximum limit of 10 overnights. Not subject to deductible.
- Identity Theft - $500 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Terrorism - $50,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible.
- Incidental Trips to Home Country - 14 consecutive days maximum limit
- Incidental Emergency Coverage in the U.S. (Patriot International Only)
14 consecutive days maximum limit. Available only for a covered emergency medical evacuation, or an emergency injury or illness that manifested during travel through the United States to or from the host country.
- Coinsurance - for treatment received outside of the U.S. - No coinsurance (0%)
- Coinsurance - for treatment received within the U.S.
In the PPO network - Company pays 90% of eligible expenses up to $5,000, then 100%
Out of the PPO network - Company pays 80% of eligible expenses up to $5,000, then 100%
- Pre-Certification - Fifty percent (50%) reduction of eligible medical expenses if pre-certification provisions are not met.
- Continuation of Treatment - Six months per injury or illness
- Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition prior to age 70 - Medical (Patriot International Only)
U.S. citizen up to age 65 with primary health plan: Up to maximum limit.
U.S. citizen up to age 65 without primary health plan: $20,000 maximum limit. U.S. citizen age 65+: $2,500 maximum limit.
Non-U.S. citizen up to age 70: Up to maximum limit or $500,000 - whichever is lower.
- Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition - Emergency Medical Evacuation (Patriot International Only) - Up to age 65: $25,000 maximum limit
- End of Trip Home Country Coverage - One month end of trip coverage for every six months of travel coverage purchased, up to a maximum of two months (Individual plan only).
All coverage and benefits in this Policy are in United States (U.S.) dollars. Benefits are subject to the exclusions and limitations and are payable only at Usual, Reasonable and Customary charges . This is a summary of a selection of plan benefits offered only as an illustration and does not supersede in any way the Certificate of Insurance and governing policy documents (together the “Insurance Contract”). The Insurance Contract is the only source of the actual benefits provided. *Must be approved in advance and coordinated by the Company.
Applying for Travel Medical Cover
IMG Global makes it easy to apply or request a quote for the Patriot Travel Medical Insurance. You can use the Instant Quote feature on its website to see rates.
In addition, it has multiple ways to contact a sales or customer service rep to answer specific questions, discuss cost, or find out if this plan will best suit your needs. Call IMG Global direct, start a live chat, or fill out the contact form to get in touch by email. We like to see no less than $100k of Travel Medical Insurance, and $250k of Medical Evacuation cover. Do take the time to think why more cover than this will be necessary for your trip.
Overall Rating for Patriot Travel Medical Insurance
At first glance, the Patriot Travel Medical Insurance plan looks like a clear winner. IMG Global has a strong reputation in the insurance industry and no shortage of options when it comes to choosing travel insurance.
Use this IMG Global travel insurance review and other sources to make the best decision for your health when on the road.
Recent AardvarkCompare Travel Insurance Customer Reviews
I Panicked When I Discovered I panicked when I discovered the Travel Insurance I had through Expedia had expired when I changed my flight reservation. When I went to renew I was told I couldn't. I discovered Aardvark on my AARP site and I was excited I could purchase an even better travel plan with cover starting with my trip departure, at a cost I could afford. I was confused with the initial site and Mr. Breeze reached out to me for clarification. He explained the policy more thoroughly and addressed all my concerns, can't get any better than that! Thank You Aardvark and thank you Jonathan for your assistance. I can go on my trip now knowing I'll be covered for medical emergencies, and then some. _ _Barbara
Good Choices, Well Explained I liked the way insurance was explained. I had read an article your company had written explaining Expedia trip cover versus other choices. I used this advice to make the best choice for me and my traveling companions. That choice was to take a policy that provided much better medical and evacuation primary care. Your site allowed comparisons, and I think I got the best value for my money. I don't like constant follow up emails, though. You could back off a bit!! Louise