IMG Visitors Care Plan - Review
This third-party IMG Global travel insurance review highlights basic information regarding the IMG Visitors Care plan – travel medical insurance for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside of their home country.
- Travel medical insurance for non-U.S. citizens
- Renewable up to 24 months
- Deductible options from $0 to $100
- Maximum limits from $25,000 to $100,000
- Limited cover for medical expenses
Overview of IMG Global Travel Insurance
IMG Global is a major provider of medical insurance and travel protection. It offers services for US citizens and non-US citizens traveling abroad. Its plans include comprehensive insurance solutions for individuals, families, groups, students, expats, missionaries, business travelers, and casual travelers.
IMG Global has an international network of over 17,000 medical providers. This means you can get medical care just about anywhere you travel.
This IMG Global travel insurance review provides insight into the IMG Visitors Care Plan.
IMG Visitors Care Plan
IMG Visitors Care Plan was created specifically for non-US citizens. Candidates are those who will be staying outside of their home country for at least five days. The plan includes nine different levels of service. Deductibles for this plan range from $0 to $100, with maximum benefits spanning $25,000 to $100,000.
This plan appears to be one of the most simple and straightforward options from IMG Global travel insurance. The payment terms for each type of health service are clearly spelled out in their schedule of benefits.
IMG Global offers a refund of your premium if you cancel prior to your effective day. After that, you can pay a $50 cancellation fee and receive a refund for full-month premiums already paid.
It also offers an option to renew your policy for up to 24 months. This gives travelers the flexibility to purchase cover only for as long as they need. Get a policy for three months, five months, a year, or however long you need.
What the IMG Visitors Care Plan Lacks
This basic medical cover doesn’t include much. This is especially true when compared to some of the other IMG Global travel insurance plans.
For starters, the IMG Visitors Care Plan doesn’t offer any non-medical benefits that some of IMG Global's other travel medical plans offer. Other plans may include trip interruption, trip cancellation, lost luggage, or identity theft. It’s strictly medical. You might need to purchase a separate IMG Global trip insurance plan to cover non-medical cover.
Some of its services must be approved through IMG Global first. An example of this is emergency evacuation that requires you to be transferred back to your home country.
Finally, the Visitors Care Plan has a pre-existing condition clause that does not cover any related expenses.
CONDITIONS OF COVERAGE
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the applicable deductible and scheduled limits and sub-limits, and all other terms, conditions and exclusions of the Visitors Care plan as described in the complete Certificate of Insurance.
- Coverage under the plan is secondary to any other available coverage or benefits.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, and usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Treatment must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the period of coverage.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred.
The following conditions (among others) apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in the Visitors Care plan:
- Visitors Care is travel insurance for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country and/or country of citizenship.
- For those over age 65 and visiting the U.S., your initial period of coverage must begin within 30 days of arrival in the U.S. This requirement will be waived with proof of previous valid insurance. Please provide the name of your insurance carrier on the application form. If you are not in the U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected date of arrival on your application form.
Applying for IMG Visitors Care Travel Medical Cover
IMG Global has made it easy to request an instant quote to view rates and compare services. You can even purchase your policy directly from its website.
IMG Global encourages you to ask questions to make sure you’re making the best decision. You can easily contact the company via its email form, live chat, or toll-free number.
Final Rating for IMG Visitors Care Plan
The IMG Visitors Care Plan is a basic medical insurance offering. It’s a limited option, even in its highest tier. But that also means it could be the most budget-friendly option. It’s a solution for those who would rather have something instead of nothing.
Keep in mind it does have a pre-existing condition limitation and lacks non-medical services. You might want to consider pairing this plan with one that offers additional travel benefits.
Recent AardvarkCompare Travel Insurance Customer Reviews
I Panicked When I Discovered I panicked when I discovered the Travel Insurance I had through Expedia had expired when I changed my flight reservation. When I went to renew I was told I couldn't. I discovered Aardvark on my AARP site and I was excited I could purchase an even better travel plan with cover starting with my trip departure, at a cost I could afford. I was confused with the initial site and Mr. Breeze reached out to me for clarification. He explained the policy more thoroughly and addressed all my concerns, can't get any better than that! Thank You Aardvark and thank you Jonathan for your assistance. I can go on my trip now knowing I'll be covered for medical emergencies, and then some. _ _Barbara
Good Choices, Well Explained I liked the way insurance was explained. I had read an article your company had written explaining Expedia trip cover versus other choices. I used this advice to make the best choice for me and my traveling companions. That choice was to take a policy that provided much better medical and evacuation primary care. Your site allowed comparisons, and I think I got the best value for my money. I don't like constant follow up emails, though. You could back off a bit!! Louise