Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Lite Travel Insurance – Review
Travel Insured International is a partner of AardvarkCompare. We showcase the Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Lite Insurance Plan.
Travel Insured International was founded in 1994, and is one of the USA’s leading travel insurance providers, offering the highest quality worldwide travel protection for over 20 years.
Located in Glastonbury, Connecticut, Travel Insured offers an array of travel insurance benefits including:
- Emergency Evacuation
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection
- Medical Insurance
- Baggage Insurance
Also included in Travel Insured’s plans are non-insurance travel assistance services, which are provided by a partner assistance company.
Travel Insured provides 24/7 customer assistance, every day of the year.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Lite
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption
- Accident and Sickness Medical Expense is excess (pays for covered expenses not already covered by your primary insurance plan)
- No coverage for Pre-existing Medical Conditions
- No coverage for Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 24/7 Travel Assistance and Customer Care
- Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Lite Benefits
Up to 100% Trip Cost*
Up to 100% Trip Cost*
$300 ($100/day – 12 hours)
$300 (12 hours)
Reimbursement of Miles or Reward Points
Baggage & Personal Effects
$200 (24 hours)
Accident & Sickness Medical Expense
Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
Optional Cancel for Work Reasons
Up to 100% Trip Cost*
Optional AD&D (Air Flight Only)
Up to the Limit Purchased
Optional Rental Car Damage
Optional Medical Upgrade
Optional Accident & Sickness
$10,000 (For a total of $20,000)
Optional Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation
$100,000 (For a total of $200,000)
* Trip Cancellation and Interruption are up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of Coverage for which benefits are requested and the appropriate plan cost has been paid.
** Baggage and Personal Effects has a per article limit of $250. There is a combined maximum limit of $500 for valuables.
$0 Trip Cost means there is no cover for Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption.
Optional Coverage only applies when requested on the application and the appropriate additional plan cost has been paid.
These are highlights of the benefits and cover in your plan. Please review your certificate for a full list of benefits and exclusions and limitations.
Reasons for Trip Cancellation
- Traffic Accident en Route to Departure
- Host Death/Hospitalization
- Felonious Assault
- Terrorist Attack
- Home or Destination Uninhabitable
- Military Duty for National Disaster
- Jury Duty/Subpoena/Witness
- Job Loss
- Cancel for Work Reasons (option)
- Sickness (includes family)
- Injury (includes family)
- Death (includes family)
Non-Insurance Travel Assistance Services
- Medical or Legal Assistance
- Passport Replacement/Visa Information
- Lost Baggage Retrieval
- Prescription Drug/Eyeglass Replacement
- ID/Credit Recovery Assistance
Travel Insured International Trip Protector Lite Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you just offer cancellation on its own? I don’t need anything else.
A: Several of our plans include trip cancellation. We don’t currently offer a “cancellation-only” plan.
Q: Does the Rental Car Damage coverage cover liability insurance?
A: Our Rental Car Damage coverage doesn’t cover liability but does cover damage to your rental car during the trip.
Q: Why doesn’t the Lite plan offer the pre-existing medical condition waiver?
A: Our Lite plan is our most affordable coverage, providing only essential travel benefits for the budget-minded traveler. If you are in need of the pre-existing medical condition waiver, please look at one of our other Worldwide Trip Protector products.
Q: Can I omit some of the coverage that I don’t need?
A: Our products are complete benefit packages. Coverage can’t be omitted. We do offer a line of products with varying benefits and limits and are confident one of our Worldwide Trip Protector plans will be the right fit for you.
Q: Can I increase the amount on the baggage?
A: Our Worldwide Trip Protector Lite plan does not offer a baggage upgrade option.
Q: What is the time frame for purchasing the Cancel For Work Reason option?
A: You can add the Cancel For Work Reason option to the Worldwide Trip Protector Lite plan 1) at the time you purchase the plan AND 2) no more than 14 days after your initial trip deposit.
Q: What if my trip is longer than 30 days?
A: Our Worldwide Trip Protector Lite is only available for trips up to 30 days. If your trip is longer than 30 days it can be insured with either the Worldwide Trip Protector or Worldwide Trip Protector Plus.
Q: Can the policy information be mailed?
A: The Worldwide Trip Protector Lite fulfillment is via email. Your Confirmation of Benefits and Certificate of Insurance will be forwarded to your email address immediately after purchase.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Lite Eligibility
- Most affordable travel protection plan, which offers basic cover for budget-minded travelers.
- One year job loss protection and terrorism coverage.
- Plan options available – Cancel For Work Reasons, Medical Upgrade and Rental Car Damage.
- Plan removes cover for pre-existing medical conditions and supplier bankruptcy/default to save you money.
- If default and pre-existing medical conditions should be covered, move up to Worldwide Trip Protector or select our Worldwide Trip Protector Plus plan.
Did You Know?
- If your insured travel companion cancels for a covered reason, you can either cancel as well or, if applicable, receive reimbursement for higher per-person trip cost.
- Travel Assistance services include Hospital Admission Guarantee, with advance payment if required.
- Illness/accident suffered by you, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), non-traveling parent, spouse, child, domestic partner, or other family member (insured or uninsured) or your business partner included as medical reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption.
- Travel Insured International’s underwriter for this plan, United States Fire Insurance Company, maintains an A (Excellent) A.M. Best 2013 rating.
- Travel Insured International maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Lite – Additional Information
Travel Insured International will provide you with a complete Plan Document upon purchase of the plan.
As always, at AardvarkCompare we recommend that travelers consider travel insurance. You can get an anonymous quote in seconds, and compare dozens of the top travel plans from many of the largest US travel insurers, saving you time and money finding the right travel plan for your needs.
What many people do not know is that they won’t find the same trip insurance plans available at a better price – all down to price certainty anti-discriminatory law in the US.
Travel Insurance Comparison – Will I Pay More Buying Travel Insurance from a Comparison Website?
In short – the price of a trip insurance quote for an insurance plan that you see from AardvarkCompare is the same price you would see from the insurance carrier direct – we are not allowed to compete on price for ‘filed’ insurance products. No one is. You are certain to get best value from us.
Recent AardvarkCompare Travel Insurance Customer Reviews
I Panicked When I Discovered
I panicked when I discovered the Travel Insurance I had through Expedia had expired when I changed my flight reservation.
When I went to renew I was told I couldn’t.
I discovered Aardvark on my AARP site and I was excited I could purchase an even better travel plan with cover starting with my trip departure, at a cost I could afford.
I was confused with the initial site and Mr. Breeze reached out to me for clarification.
He explained the policy more thoroughly and addressed all my concerns, can’t get any better than that!
Thank You Aardvark and thank you Jonathan for your assistance.
I can go on my trip now knowing I’ll be covered for medical emergencies and then some.
Good Choices, Well Explained
I liked the way insurance was explained. I had read an article your company had written explaining Expedia trip cover versus other choices.
I used this advice to make the best choice for me and my traveling companions. That choice was to take a policy that provided much better medical and evacuation primary care.
Your site allowed comparisons, and I think I got the best value for my money. I don’t like constant follow up emails, though. You could back off a bit!!